Sunday, January 13, 2013

Continuing with Haiti thoughts....

Okay, so now that I've begun this blog, I've got to work on keeping it going. An article in yesterday's paper spoke of the president of Haiti having a celebration for the 3 years after their horrific earthquake. The president, Michel Martelly, said he hopes the poor Caribbean nation's people use the anniversary of the Jan.12, 2010, disaster to think about how they can improve their lives. That, to me, seems like a good way to celebrate this anniversary.

I've noticed that taking time to really reflect on certain things can be really helpful. Sometimes it takes gathering a few people around you of similar concerns in order to make any real headway on this reflecting stuff.

I also spoke to one of my boards on how to better promote the fact that I am planning on returning to Haiti. This blog was one of their thoughts. Plus, my daughter Bec has begun a blog. So, between my board and my daughter, it seemed like it was a good direction to go.

1 comment: