Sunday, January 20, 2013

the paper article...

The Post Standard newspaper interviewed Bec and I at the Church. They did a nice picture and write up of us on the upcoming mission trip to Haiti. Quite a number of folks in the church saw it in the paper. I was greeted at Sunday School by a young girl as soon as I came in the door and she said "I saw your picture in the paper". I asked her "how did I look?" She just smiled and said "good".

I continue in my reading of the book "The Ways of Haiti" by Paul Farmer.It's giving me a different perspective on Haiti and a bit of historical understanding. The book is due in the library on Tuesday. I don't think I'll have it completed by then...will have to renew it for another 2 weeks.

I've been told by our team leader that I ought to be prepared to preach a time or two while we're in Haiti. What do I preach? What sort of message ought to I bring to these people who I've only had one encounter with. And my only tiime with them was during the time of a devestating earthquake. I'm glad I've got some time before I have to decide. But I'm still wondering - what sort of message ought I bring to these people?

It figures out that we've got 10 weeks and 2 days left before we head out. Whew! It's exciting and I'm a little nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment