Monday, March 11, 2013

"Fat Agnes"

It was an exciting day on Saturday. We had our soup/chili fundraising dinner. We didn't state our goal, but through the people that attended, God more than met the goal. Thanks to everyone who came and enjoyed the great selection of soups, bread, desserts, chilis and celebrated the fellowship. Everyone (I hope) received a greem wrist band and that was to be their reminder to pray for me and the other folks who will be traveling together. Plus, I asked them to pray for the families of each one of us.

I bought a "Fat Agnes" air mattess. Actually it's really a 'Big Agnes'. A guy I know calls it "Fat Agnes". I blew it up with air yesterday and laid down on it to see how well I might be sleeping. I guess I won't really know that until I'm in Haiti though. The real advantage of this particular air mattress is that it rolls up to be very compact. It's built for backpacking. So, it is light weight and takes up a small space. That is important for backpacking as well as a trip to Haiti.

By the way, the temperature in Haiti is presently 73 degrees with an expected high of 89 degrees. While it is 44 degres just outside my door, and the expected high is to be in the mid or upper 50's. I guess we're getting closer to Spring - YAHOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment