Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Things thrown at you.....then catching it!

There are times when things get thrown your direction, which you have to make a choice on. It's either, you try to catch it or duck it and hope it misses you. In most cases, you're better off trying to catch it. How well it is caught is not always so readily observed. We had a tragedy in our community and it has impacted so very many people. And I felt as shocked - drained - imploded as everyone else felt. Not a good condition to be in to catch a fly ball, I might add. If there is to be any good that comes out of this, it's God's job to bring that to the surface. And do you know something? I am trusting that He will do just that. And I know that it will be surprising as to how He will do it. But God will do it and it will be accomplished through people. Sometimes, who the people are is as  surprising as anything.

So, how does this impact the Haiti trip? Well, along with this going on, I still have some packing to figure out - personal clothes to pack - a mosquito net to try out - make sure I've got all those items I need: bug spray, sun screen, necessary clothes, malaria pills, vitamins, flashlight, etc. etc.

Oh, and I have got my normal routine work, plus it's Holy Week. That means Maundy Thursday Service, Good Friday afternoon @ 3 with the carrying of the cross. Plus, the addition of a very difficult funeral and all the preparation for that. And not to forget that for a Preacher - Sunday's Coming! And this Sunday is Easter Sunday.

So, whenever things get thrown at you, try your best to catch it. How well you do at that, quite often, won't be really known till sometime down the road. Besides, God is especially good at taking some botched up messes and turning them for good. I'm especially understanding of that. I look in my mirror each morning. God has done some marvelous work with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment