Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 10--

It is day 10 of our Haiti Chronicles. We finished our work at the orphanage. We completed the bunkbeds. We tightened up some other bunkbeds that were wobbly. We built a two shelf unit it in stairwell. We built a free standing 3 shelf unit for the living room area. We played soccer with the kids and Mr. T. We gave out candy to the kids. We threw them up in the air and they laughed and so did we.

The morning began, for me, at before 4 am. It was a very hot night and I wasn't able to sleep all that well once I woke. I arose at just before 6 and went to the rooftop. Arriving on the rooftop, I discovered there was a man in one area praying. He is a Christian man and he must have been starting his day seeking the face of the Father. Gladys and some of the ladies from the church spent yesterday today and tomorrow praying for an extended period of time. Yesterday morning I descended the stairs saw someone laying on the floor and noticed there were a couple other ladies stretched out on the floor (lying prosrtate). Yesterday it was from 6 am til 6 pm here at Gladys' home. Today was 6 am til 6 pm at the Church. Tomorrow is from 6 am till ? at someplace, I'm not sure where.

I did a surround view of both Pastor Wilson & Gladys house and the orphanage rooftop. I gave my narration, and I'll include those videos for your viewing pleasure.

There are mixed feelings. I'm feeling sad to be leaving. But I'm feeling ready to return home. This was a good experience so far.

Here are some pictures for you all to enjoy. Give me some feedback on your thoughts of how this blog has been. Is there any way I could have made it better. I'll have a few more days, just want to find out the response. I've got people from Germany, Canada, Russia, and the Us who are viewing the blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment