Friday, April 5, 2013

The Orphanage Kids...

Believe it or not, another day has passed. We were tireder today than we were yesterday. Pastor Wilson said that he's going to give us a Sabbath Rest tomorrow. Yeh! But, Sunday morning at 6 am and 9 am is church. I am preaching at 6 am and  Jim is preaching at 9 am. I'm preaching about John the Baptist as the preparer of the way for Jesus. His baptism was one of repentence and Jesus' baptism was one of the Holy Ghost. That's enough, don't wantto spoil my message. If you want to hear it, see you at 6 on Sunday morning.

We built 3 of the 5 bunkbeds. Hope to finish the other two on Monday. The 20 children in the orphanage will be back in school on Monday, so we have to confine ourselves in work to one area..a classroom. The other three classrooms will have students in them.

Rick and I played games with the boys today. One game was some sort of hand slap game. Another was a counting game (like musical chairs). Whoever it was that the counting landed on were out. I never could figure out what the number was. I don't understand Creole very well. I did learn a new word to day - "Oupre" and it means "Ready"? It's as though the r and the e are reversed when you pronounce it. One of the young men at the orphanage, we call him 'T', is a teacher. He was teaching me some words - writng them on the chalk board and all. I learn better by seeing it written rather than just by hearinging it. I am a visual learner. That is for sure.

I'm posting more pictures and videos below. Hope you enjoy them.Oh, by the way, tomorrow we're going up into the mountains. We're excited about that. Going to a Baptist Mission and also Lenny's house which he is building. Lenny is Wilson and Gladys' son. He is in his late twenties and will be our interpretter on Sunday morning. I think that is the case anyway.

Okay, here are the pictures and videos.



What a great sunrise...
 
 
Bec teaching a Yarn...
 
 
 
Playing a slap game of some sort...
 
 
Another "Up on the Roof" - this time at  Wilson's & Gladys' house...
 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping up on your blog. Its awesome to hear about your adventures. It was 60 degrees here today. Woohoo;) Love u keep up the good work to all that went there w u.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, It's hot here - probably high 80's maybe 90 today. It's quite a place. We'll be working at the orphanage for the remainder of the week.

      Love to hear your comments. We've got quite a following on the blog. 700 and more people have made hits since I first started this blogging. It's pretty cool that people have such interest in this. Hopefully it will produce not just some hype, but some genuine help for the people here. I believe it will.

      Gonna sign off. Love ya bunches my youngest.

      Dad

      PS - good being here with your sis. If you see Siera and Hana, tell them I'm using their pillow they made for me back in 2005. I hope to get my best night's sleep cause I haven't used it till tonight I'm trying it out.

      Delete