Monday, April 15, 2013

One wake up left



Last day...trip to downtown Port-au-Prince. It has been an interesting day. It has been a realization that we have only one wake-up left in Haiti. Tomorrow, we leave to return home. I will miss Haiti. I told Lyny today that I think his country is beautiful. And that I believe his people are beautiful. And, if I was to live here, I would be like him. I would build a house and live in the mountains, if at all possible.
 
We have been treated with the utmost kindness by this family - this household of people who are more than blood-family. They are a spirit-knitted family and we have been welcome and embraced by them. I will miss them.
 
We went to a Nazarene Bible College that Jim had worked at over 25 years ago. He took lots of pictures for Tish. They had both been here and stayed in dorms.
 
I have so enjoyed getting to know Rick. He and I have been roomates for these past 2 weeks. It has been interesting to note the common interests that he and I have. His expereience as a machinist and the necessity of making close tolerances in his line of work was a true credit to this team and to our work. Sometimes I thought he was a bit anal, but it worked out for the best.
 
 
A victorian house (wood structure) in what I believe was the older downtown Port-au-Prince. This house was likely built in the late 1800's. And this house was one of a few wooden structured houses in the same area.
 
This is the Haiti Constitution of 1801.

Pastor Wilson returned from his trip to NJ and Virginia this afternoon. He had a successful trip. We prayed for he and Gladys and for their household.

This trip, for me, has been a completion of the trip I took here 3 years ago. It completed and yet gave me a grander vision of Haiti and the people. I thank Jim for his leading this group and that God led him and brought this mix of people to the team. Each person had something unique they offered to complement the group and to fulfill our mission.

What a grand experience! Au Revoir (until next time)

1 comment:

  1. Glad u feel like u have accomplished what u went there for. Safe travels home. Love u can't wait to hear about your trip and hug u;)

    ReplyDelete