Thursday, April 11, 2013

Sponge bath and a water bucket rinse...

We got back to the house around 4 or shortly after. We were all hot and sticky. I laid down on the bed to straighten out my back. It felt so good to lay flat for a bit. I laid there long enough and soon fell asleep. Not for long, but people were taking their showers. So, I decided to let everyone take there shower and I would get the last one. With over a 300 gallon tank on the roof, I wasn't concerned about the water.

Rick told me that the water seemed to be not as forceful when he finished. So, I was prepared to turn off the water between lather and rinse. Well, standing under the shower, I turned the fawcet. No water, not one drop came out of the shower  head.  I was not going to get a shower.

I redressed, went to see if water could be pumped up to the roof via the generator. No! Out of gas for the generator. So, what about water in a bucket from the cistern. Okay, that's a doable. So, I was able to get myself cooled off and cleaned. 1/2 of the bucket went for soaping and the second half I lifted over my head and dumped on my head. I was rinsed, literally, from head to toe.

That was the highlight of my day... Here are some pictures to show us at the work site.

 
This is our main ride.
 
 
Cutting a 45 degree corner with a hand saw.
 
Ryan and Rick on the stairwell shelves...looking good!
 
 
A beautiful background for Ps. 97:4
 
 
A mosaic of Haiti
 
These are on the walls in the orphanage.
 
I played a little soccer with one of the teachers at the orphanage. I was tuckered out pretty fast and then had to go back to work. Maybe that's why I got a brief nap in as soon as we got back to our Haiiti home.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Bucket washing, now that must have brought back memories, you should be a pro!! Sounds and looks like you are doing a good work there, anxious to have you back safe and sound. Enjoy the last few days you have. In Christ, Linda

    ReplyDelete